Follow through with caregiver background check
A caregiver background check is a simple process worth the time and effort
The caregiver background check (criminal), and driving record applications can be filled out and submitted for review at a local police station. It requires only basic information such name, sex, and date of birth of the potential caregiver. (i.e. Social Insurance/Security number, maiden name). It may take some time to process the criminal background check and come with a cost.
Rules and background check locations may vary but your best start point will be at the police station. The officers will be able to direct you to the right places in order to carry out a caregiver background check.
For caregivers who actively seek work it is good practice to already have these forms complete and up to date. Be ready to send them and it might make the decision to hire you a simple one
- Criminal Record
- Driving Record
- Medical Condition of Caregiver (Require proof of neg.test)
You have the right to request a driving record from the caregiver whom will be transporting your senior loved one. You can request this information yourself from your local government offices for a fee.
Medical Condition of Caregiver (COVID-19)
Set your workplace safety guidelines
- You may require for your caregiver to be tested on a routine basis and send you the proof.
- Should you decide that the caregiver have a medical examination before the first day of his/her shift with the senior, you should pay for the physical and lab testing to find out if any contagious diseases are present.
- The caregiver should have the doctor sign a medical form to have on hand to present it if needed
Templates included in Download:
- HIRE A PRIVATE CAREGIVER CHECKLIST (place on cover of each candidate folder-check the boxes and keep track)
- CAREGIVER EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM (Speeds up screening applicants)
- CAREGIVER JOB DESCRIPTION (expectations in writing)
- SENIOR CARE INFORMATION FORM (detailed information about senior-use for emergency purposes as well)
- CAREGIVER EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT (long detailed version)
- CAREGIVER EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT (short simple version)
- PRE-INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE (helps to screen candidates-send via email)
- CAREGIVER INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE (template provided)
- REFERENCE CHECK QUESTIONNAIRE (what to as past employers)
- CAREGIVER JOB POSTING SAMPLE (copy and paste)
- DAILY SENIOR CARE JOURNAL (give to your caregiver to send after each visit)
- HOUSEKEEPING CHECKLIST FOR SENIOR’s HOUSE/RESIDENCE
- PERSONAL HYGIENE CHART FOR SENIOR (Essential information to share with other care team members)
- SENIOR CARE INVOICE (non-medical)
- TAX RECEIPT FOR SENIOR CARE (saves times with accountant, saves $$)