Start the process of a caregiver background check
A caregiver background check for families, caregivers, and care agencies is a simple process worth every ounce of your time, effort, and money
2 Documents you should require
- Criminal Record
- Driving Record
The caregiver background check (criminal), and (driving record) applications can be filled out and submitted for review at a local police station. It requires only basic information such name, sex, and date of birth of the potential caregiver. (i.e. Social Insurance/Security number, maiden name). Be prepared for their to be a cost to obtain these documents. Remember the cost could potentially be much higher physically, mentally, and financially down the road.
Rules and background check locations may vary but your best start point will be at the police station. The officers will be able to direct you to the right places in order to carry out a caregiver background check.
⭐For caregivers who are reading this and actively seeking a care job, it is good practice to already have these forms complete and up to date. Be ready to send them, it might make the decision to hire you as their family caregiver a simple one!
If you will need your caregiver to drive your senior loved one(s) then you will want proof of a good driving record
You have the right to request a driving record from the caregiver whom will be transporting your senior loved one. You can request this information yourself from your local DMV offices for a fee.
Medical Condition of Caregiver (COVID-19)
Things to think about when you set the safety guidelines involved in caring for your loved one(s).
➡️Will you require your caregiver to be tested on a routine basis, and send you proof of negative results?
➡️Covid-19 Test- Your caregiver should receive a medical diagnosis after the test is finalized via email
Templates included in Download:
- HIRE A PRIVATE CAREGIVER CHECKLIST (place on cover of each candidate folder-check the boxes and keep track)
- CAREGIVER EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM (Speeds up screening applicants)
- CAREGIVER JOB DESCRIPTION (expectations in writing)
- SENIOR CARE INFORMATION FORM (detailed information about senior-use for emergency purposes as well)
- CAREGIVER EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT (long detailed version)
- CAREGIVER EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT (short simple version)
- PRE-INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE (helps to screen candidates-send via email)
- CAREGIVER INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE (template provided)
- REFERENCE CHECK QUESTIONNAIRE (what to as past employers)
- CAREGIVER JOB POSTING SAMPLE (copy and paste)
- DAILY SENIOR CARE JOURNAL (give to your caregiver to send after each visit)
- HOUSEKEEPING CHECKLIST FOR SENIOR’s HOUSE/RESIDENCE
- PERSONAL HYGIENE CHART FOR SENIOR (Essential information to share with other care team members)
- SENIOR CARE INVOICE (non-medical)
- TAX RECEIPT FOR SENIOR CARE (saves times with accountant $, access to senior tax credits)
- COVID-19 SCREENING CAREGIVER FORM FOR VISITORS 🆕