Why is a caregiver job description so important?
A caregiver job description provides detailed information about the senior’s daily routines, and what is expected of the caregiver while on duty
A caregiver job description is an information base to work from and refer back to when needed. Most noteworthy, this caregiver job description template can be customized and tailored to specific senior care needs. This template will provide a clear picture of what the job expectations will be. The information will also help to create a more natural flow in the first visit with the senior.
Keep in mind it takes 2-3 months in order to really get to know a person and how well the new position will work out.
The simple act of putting the job requirements in writing lends assurance and clarity for all parties involved.
Often times one person is left in charge of the seniors care, but in most cases siblings of the person in charge want to be involved, and see what value a caregiver will add. Sending a job description to siblings by email is a great way to make them feel involved and on some level a part of the care decisions.
What are some of the non-medical services available to seniors?
Private caregivers provide personalized care in senior’s home as well as public or private residences.
- Outings accompanied by caregiver (restaurants, museums, library, movie, theater, ballet, opera, weddings, funerals, festivals, religious services, scenic drive etc.)
- Groceries (assistance in the grocery store; selection, carry bags)
- Errands (pharmacy shopping, bank, etc.)
- Appointments (Doctor, Optometrist, Dentist, Specialists, Hairdresser, Podiatrist, beauty salon & spa, etc.)
- Housekeeping (keep house clean and tidy, laundry, keep mail organized)
- Bathing & Grooming (bath/shower, shaving, cleaning teeth/dentures, assistance with toilet/diapers etc.)
- Meal Prep (Same day food prep or advanced prep)
- Exercise with Senior (walk, bike, swim, bowl, golf range, garden etc.)
- Pet Care (daily walk, change litter, replenish food, water, organize grooming and Veterinary appointments).
Caregiver job description template:
➡️If you are new to hiring a private caregiver « The Hire a private Caregiver Guide + Template Pack » is here to help you through the process
➡️If you currently operate a senior care business you can also find this template in the pack
Senior Care Business Templates Include:
- Hire a private caregiver checklist
- Caregiver employment application form
- Caregiver job description form
- Senior care information form
- Caregiver employment agreement (long form)
- Caregiver employment contract (short form)
- Pre-interview questionnaire
- Caregiver interview questionnaire
- Reference check questionnaire
- Caregiver job post sample
- Daily care journal
- Housekeeping checklist
- Personal hygiene chart
- Senior care invoice
- Tax receipt for senior care
- COVID-19 Screening caregiver form for visitors 🆕
What are Customers Saying about Wise Caregiving’s Guides and Templates?