Importance of caregiver job description
Detailed information in the caregiver job description about the senior’s daily routines, and what is expected of the caregiver while on duty can make all the world of difference when you are hiring a caregiver
A caregiver job description is the base to work from and refer back to when needed. Most noteworthy, this caregiver job description template can be customized and tailored to specific senior care needs. When the template is complete, both you and your caregiver will have a clear picture of what the job expectations will be. The caregiver will be able to study all the information from the family about the senior ahead of time. The information will definitely help to create a more natural flow in the first visit with the senior.
It takes time
Keep in mind it takes 2-3 months in order to really get to know your caregiver and how well they will work out in the new position. Having a caregiver job description is an efficient way to take the guesswork out of what is expected of your private caregiver. The simple act of putting the job requirements in writing adds a level of security and clarity for all parties involved with the senior care decisions.
Often times one person is left in charge of the seniors care, but in most cases siblings of the person in charge want to be involved, and see what value a caregiver will add. Sending a job description to siblings by email is a great way to make everyone feel a part of the care decisions.
Caregiver Services for Seniors
Caregivers provide care at home as well as public or private residences.
A private caregiver offers a more personalized care service experience
- Outings accompanied by caregiver (restaurants, museums, library, movie, theater, ballet, opera, weddings, funerals, festivals, religious services, scenic drive etc.)
- Groceries (assistance in the grocery store; selection, carry bags)
- Errands (pharmacy shopping, bank, etc.)
- Appointments (Doctor, Optometrist, Dentist, Specialists, Hairdresser, Podiatrist, beauty salon & spa, etc.)
- Housekeeping (keep house clean and tidy, laundry, keep mail organized)
- Bathing & Grooming (bath/shower, shaving, cleaning teeth/dentures, assistance with toilet/diapers etc.)
- Meal Prep (Same day food prep or advanced prep)
- Exercise with Senior (walk, bike, swim, bowl, golf range, garden etc.)
- Pet Care (daily walk, change litter, replenish food, water, organize grooming and Veterinary appointments).