Importance of caregiver job description
Caregiver job description provides detailed information about the senior’s daily routines, and what is expected of the caregiver while on duty
A caregiver job description is the base to work from and refer back to when needed. Most noteworthy, this caregiver job description template can be customized and tailored to specific senior care needs. When the template is complete, both you and your caregiver will have a clear picture of what the job expectations will be. The caregiver will be able to study all the information from the family about the senior ahead of time. The information will also help to create a more natural flow in the first visit with the senior.
Keep in mind it takes 2-3 months in order to really get to know the hired caregiver and how well they will work out in the new position. Having a caregiver job description is an efficient way to take the guesswork out of what is expected for both the private caregiver, and the family or senior themselves. The simple act of putting the job requirements in writing lends assurance and clarity for all parties involved.
Often times one person is left in charge of the seniors care, but in most cases siblings of the person in charge want to be involved, and see what value a caregiver will add. Sending a job description to siblings by email is a great way to make them feel involved and on some level a part of the care decisions.
What are some of the non-medical services available to seniors?
Private caregivers provide care at home as well as public or private residences.
Personalized care service experience
- Outings accompanied by caregiver (restaurants, museums, library, movie, theater, ballet, opera, weddings, funerals, festivals, religious services, scenic drive etc.)
- Groceries (assistance in the grocery store; selection, carry bags)
- Errands (pharmacy shopping, bank, etc.)
- Appointments (Doctor, Optometrist, Dentist, Specialists, Hairdresser, Podiatrist, beauty salon & spa, etc.)
- Housekeeping (keep house clean and tidy, laundry, keep mail organized)
- Bathing & Grooming (bath/shower, shaving, cleaning teeth/dentures, assistance with toilet/diapers etc.)
- Meal Prep (Same day food prep or advanced prep)
- Exercise with Senior (walk, bike, swim, bowl, golf range, garden etc.)
- Pet Care (daily walk, change litter, replenish food, water, organize grooming and Veterinary appointments).
Caregiver job description template:
✔️Templates updated Sept 2020
Also available in Senior Care Business Templates:
Download templates here:
Available in hire a private caregiver template pack:
Templates included in download:
- Hire a private caregiver checklist
- Caregiver employment application form
- Caregiver job description form
- Senior care information form
- Caregiver employment agreement (long form)
- Caregiver employment contract (short form)
- Pre-interview questionnaire
- Caregiver interview questionnaire
- Reference check questionnaire
- Caregiver job post sample
- Daily care journal
- Housekeeping checklist
- Personal hygiene chart
- Senior care invoice
- Tax receipt for senior care
Download templates here: