Information and tools in the ‘Hire a private caregiver guide’
Select a private caregiver that puts the best interest of your loved one(s) first.
Hire a Private Caregiver Guide + 17 Templates
This hire a private caregiver guide will help you through each step of the hiring process so that your senior loved one(s) receive the best possible care at the right price. Included with the guide are hard copy templates that can be used digitally or printed.
Templates included with guide (WORD & EXCEL):
The ‘Hire a private caregiver guide’ also includes 17 professional senior care form templates
✔️ Hire caregiver checklist
✔️ Caregiver employment application form
✔️ Caregiver job description form
✔️ Senior care information form
✔️ Caregiver employment agreement (long form)
✔️ Caregiver employment contract (short form)
✔️ Pre-interview caregiver questionnaire
✔️ Caregiver interview questionnaire
✔️ Caregiver reference check questionnaire
✔️ Caregiver visit report
✔️ Senior housekeeping chart
✔️ Senior hygiene care chart
✔️ Senior care invoice
✔️ Looking for caregiver job post template
✔️ Tax receipt for senior care
✔️ Covid-19 Senior visit health form
✔️ Senior home Safety checklist (private home/residence)
Here are just a few of the templates that you receive in the download!…
Hire Private Caregiver Checklist
This checklist will help keep you organized and on task throughout the hiring process.
PREVIEW OF TEMPLATES IN ‘HIRE A PRIVATE CAREGIVER’
Caregiver employment application form template:
- Application form template that you can send to potential caregiver candidates found through caregiving sites, and those who responded to your caregiver ad
Caregiver interview template: (in person or virtually)
- Get to know your potential candidates in more detail with these prepared questions.
- You can add, edit, or delete parts of this questionnaire
- Electronic form-fill or print this form
- Remember to follow up with references to cross check these responses.
Caregiver reference check questionnaire template:
Caregiver job description form template:
This form is important to fill out and have on hand after you hire a private caregiver. You can auto-fill digitally or manually fill out the form.
- The detail instructions in this form helps to ensure that the first few visits for both the senior client and caregiver provide an easier transition.
- Job expectations are clear, and as a result avoid confusion. By avoiding confusion, you can greatly reduce the level of stress.
- When a caregiver enters a senior home and know what to do while visiting it helps the bonding process.
- If certain tasks need to be completed in or around the residence, the senior will not have to describe the details of what to do.
*It is a good idea on the visit to take the caregiver around the residence and go over the job description form
Senior care information form template:
- 10-page fillable form (all details needed for required care)
- You can print out or digitally fill out send and save this form
- This form is a valuable source of information for Doctors and Specialists when a caregiver takes a senior to an appointment
- Important information to have access to in a medical emergency
*Should your caregiver need important information quickly, the digital format of this form can be accessed using a computer, phone, or tablet.
Caregiver employment agreement template:
Protect yourself the same way home care agencies do when you hire a private caregiver.
- Clarifies job duties and a schedule to follow when private caregiver services are provided.
- Everything this document covers in writing:
- All fees
- Payment terms
- Covid-19 guidelines
- Sick days/personal days
- Grounds for terminating service
- You can customize this form 100%
- Add, delete, or Modify however you like
Senior care invoice template:
- All digital fields can be added, edited, or removed.
- Formula calculations already in template!
- Easily add local tax rates
- If you are going to hire a private caregiver, this senior invoice template keeps all the senior private caregiver costs in order and up to date.
- Simply send this downloadable template to your caregiver to use for future billing.
Senior housekeeping checklist template:
- helps keep house tasks organized (If they were done, and when they were completed)
- Work efficiently (set days)
- Safeguard seniors living area (safety is primary concern)
- Save time from unnecessary communication
- Home remains a comfortable place to stay for senior(s)
Senior care hygiene care chart template:
Both the care team and your private caregiver will have the clear information that they need in order to properly care for and meet all the daily needs of the senior.
Basic ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) consist of self-care tasks that include:
- Bathing and showering
- Personal hygiene and grooming (including brushing/combing/styling hair)
- Toilet hygiene (getting to the toilet, cleaning oneself, and getting back up)
- Functional mobility
This chart is crucial when a care team of more than one person is in place who are responsible for the care of a senior. This chart is not only useful for seniors living at home, but also if your senior loved one who lives in a facility and the private caregiver provides additional personal care.
Caregiver tax receipt for senior care service template:
- Simple and organized way for your accountant to see the yearly caregiver service cost
- Keeps accountant cost down by saving time, and efforts can be focused on applicable senior tax credits.
- You can send this form to your caregiver to fill out or complete it yourself.
- Fields will automatically calculate
- Simply enter invoice amounts for each month
Tax receipt for senior care service template:
It is important to note that not all private caregivers declare their income, or put agreements in writing. Heading down this path can impose serious a liability & financial risk on your loved one(s), as well as heavy consequences. It is so important to be well informed about hiring privately before you make any final decisions. The chart below breaks down the differences between hiring a registered private caregiver vs. a non-registered caregiver. It may be easier and cheaper to hire a caregiver that does not pay income tax or have an agreement in writing, but it could lead to a difficult and costly situation down the road.
Need more convincing? When you hire a private caregiver that declares their income your loved one can capitalize on any any of the senior tax credits and deductions, which in turn will offset part a good portion of the caregiver costs over the year. This benefit could even mean that you pay less overall for caregiving services than if you had chosen to the non-declared caregiver option!