Here are ways how to find private caregivers
Consider the following before you start looking for a private caregiver
- What type and what level of healthcare training is needed?
- Any language skills or other special skills needed.
- Experience working with memory impairments or other disabilities.
- Ability to operate any special equipment.
- Has a valid driver’s license
- A person in good health
After you have determined what kind of in-home help you were looking for the next step in this process is how to find private caregivers by placing your job posting in the right places. Knowing exactly what you’re looking for in a private caregiver is helpful when sorting through all of the individuals providing caregiving services. It is recommended that you write a detailed caregiver job description, including the specific services you will expect from the private caregiver that you hire.
Consider if the senior receiving care will be more comfortable with a private caregiver who shares their cultural background and or language, if they have a preference between male and female caregivers, and if the hired private caregivers will be assisting with personal care duties.
Listed here are some resources for finding qualified private caregivers
- Referrals from family and friends
- Independent living centers, senior centers, religious congregations, or national health organizations (i.e. Alzheimer’s Association)
- Local College/University career offices, especially those with nursing or social work programs
- Bank Trustees, Investment Bankers, and Notaries may also be good sources to turn to. Often times quality caregivers will reach out to professionals who may benefit from having this additional value to extend to their senior clients when home assistance is required.
As an employer you can post your caregiver job listing, or you can search the resumes and profiles of job seekers on many websites offering free postings for caregivers and families looking for caregivers.
Visit Free Online Caregiving Advertising for more information on where to post your ad.
For the complete hiring Process step by step download the ‘Hire a Private Caregiver’
Templates Included in Pack when you Download Guide
- HIRE A PRIVATE CAREGIVER CHECKLIST
- CAREGIVER APPLICATION FORM
- CAREGIVER JOB DESCRIPTION
- SENIOR CARE INFORMATION FORM
- CAREGIVER EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
- BASIC CAREGIVER EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT
- SENIOR CARE INVOICE
- YEARLY TAX RECEIPT FOR SENIOR CARE
- DAILY CARE JOURNAL
- HOUSEKEEPING CHECKLIST
- PERSONAL HYGIENE CHART
- PRE-INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE TO SEND CAREGIVER
- CAREGIVER INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE
- REFERENCE CHECK QUESTIONNAIRE
- SAMPLE JOB POSTING TEMPLATE