10 Best Ways to Market Senior Care Services
The most effective way to market senior care services
What you want to do is bring attention to your passion which is to help seniors and make a living while you do it. Get the word out that you are ‘the’ private caregiver that offers superior senior care services in your area. You need to know the best ways to market your senior care services.
You have to let people know you are ready to work, and you need to also stand out from the other local caregivers. Be transparent and share enough detail about yourself and your abilities as a caregiver.
It wasn’t that long ago that having a blackberry meant you were at the top of your game, now fast forward just a few years later and everyone in every age group has an iPhone with instant access to information and priority alerts set up.
Despite having alerts set up you will still need to act quickly. If you have the ringer turned off then keep your flash and vibration on, and stop whatever you are doing to be the first caregiver to respond to caregiver ads that have potential.
Most often you will not get an email back right away, and usually it is because the person who posted the ad was initially bombarded with messages responding to the ad.
The amount of private caregivers has dramatically increased worldwide. Many people if you asked them 10 years ago what a caregiver was, they would not have been able to give you an accurate caregiver job description. Even though the market may seem saturated with homecare companies and private caregivers you need to know that their is still a great demand for more.
You are a unique person that will be the perfect match to many seniors. You can offer specific caregiving services that a lot of your competitors do not. If it is a true passion of yours to help seniors then your business will not only last but also take you to a place of limitless success.
Posting your services everywhere you can will give a sense of which posts are working and online as well as offline. You will also become familiar to the posts who are serious employee seekers and really need a caregiver. Some ads are a serious call for help, while others are just putting out feelers as to what caregiver options exist in the area for a later date.
The good news is that over the years the large homecare companies have made a high financial investment over the last ten years to educate the general public on what a caregiver is and how caregivers can be of assistance to seniors on a daily basis.
10 ways to stand out as a private caregiver who offers the very best service to seniors:
- Response time to caregiver post: send a short to the point email just to let the employer know that you take pride in helping seniors, are professional and ready to get to work.
- Offer to speak over the phone or meet to discuss the job further.
- Correct your spelling and grammar in written communications.
- Provide a picture of yourself or video, and remember to just be you.
- “CAN DO” attitude. Be open and flexible to tasks that need to be done for the senior. Remember the human side to this job and what needs to be done, needs doing.
- Be the caregiver who will to clean the house, forget light housekeeping. Save your client money to offset your cost and you will win!
- Car and or license, if you don’t have either one well…get one and both are better.
- Records on hand: driving, criminal background check etc..
- References have to be ready to send.
- Call employer if they have a phone number listed. So many people are afraid to pick up a phone and call these days, in some cases it is as simple as calling a potential employer to get the job!
Check out our digital eguide book ‘How to start a senior care business’. This will help you get started or to take your caregiving business to the next level.